I love makeup. Not because it covers up imperfections, not because it enhances beauty, but because it is personal. Makeup is an outlet for creativity and personality. There are no judgments, just expression. My makeup look ranges day to day, but the look below is how I love to use my favorite products in my collection.
My sister and I are complete opposites when it comes to makeup application. She is fierce, she can turn an average smoky eye into a red carpet worthy bombshell look. I, on the other hand, am less partial to shadow and more interested in skin. The beauty about makeup though, we both exchange secrets and holy grail products regardless of our personal style. We can talk about products all day and spend hours in Sephora swatching lipsticks and testing out new foundations. Makeup is a universal language, something that bonds all women together.
My go-to makeup look is simple, but specific to my techniques and preferences. I have an olive complexion, with combination skin, more on the oily side of the scale. There are days that just a dab of concealer and bronzer do the trick and others I feel a bit more glam. No matter the look I am going for my current favorite products are:
- L’Oreal True Match – This is a holy grail product for me. I have been using True Match since before I can remember. I love that this product is a budget friendly item, as well as a completely incredible foundation. I also find this foundation is amazing for mixing. Sometimes I buy other foundations that the color doesn’t quite do it for my skin tone, so I add a drop of True Match and I get my perfect shade.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – This foundation and I have been through a love/hate relationship. I tried it many years ago, hoping it would live up to the hype, but found it just did not work for me. About a year ago I gave it another try and, to my surprise, it became a product I have not stopped using. It is incredible. It is lightweight, totally buildable, without ever feeling too caked on. If you have not tried it, definitely worth the spend if you are looking for a high end foundation.
- RCMA The Original No-Color Powder – I need powders considering I do have oily skin. This powder is one I use for under my eyes. I tried many different powders and found that this one was the least drying. Powder under the eyes is important to keep your concealer in place, but can also cause creasing and cracking if too drying. This powder is simply perfect for under the eyes!
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder – MY FAVORITE setting powder of all time. The minute I tried this powder years ago, I knew it was going to be a game changer. This powder completely perfects my foundation and gives my skin the blurred effect. A light sweep of this stuff is all you need. I really cannot say enough great things about this product. If you are in the market for a setting powder, please try this one!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder – This powder is a fan favorite, so popular and used by many. I love this product for baking my contour. I have to admit it’s too drying of a powder for me to use anywhere/anyway else on my skin, but for cleaning up my contour it is perfect.
- Benefit Hoola – Talk about a transforming powder. No matter if I am my lightest color or at my most sun kissed shade, this powder works for me. It contours smoothly, warms up the skin, and really blends so nicely. I hit pan on this product more times than I’d like to admit!
- MAC Give Me Sun – MACs powder is like butter. It is so smooth and gives me a summer glow. I love this powder for adding extra color to my skin and giving me a glow regardless of the season.
- Milani Romantic Rose Blush – Milani’s blushes are amazing, as are many of their products. This blush is always in my kit. It is the perfect rose shade and the formula is so smooth on the skin.
- MAC Harmony – Neutral blush shades are my favorite, this being my ultimate favorite. Harmony is a shade that just gives color to the cheeks without being too pink. I highly recommend it for my neutral girls out there!
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – If you want to glow like a goddess, this is for you. This was my first highlighter in my collection so I will always have a love for it. Its my favorite silver toned highlight. It is so pigmented and gives a perfect sheen to the skin.
- BECCA Champagne Pop – Rose gold highlight perfection. This highlighter is so smooth and pigmented. It is a universal highlight and can be rocked by so many different skin tones.
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey – My everyday highlight. This gold toned shade gives me the glow I can wear everyday. It’s the highlight I wear most often. I recommend using it wet as it does become more pigmented that way.
I am not a professional artist, nor do I claim to be, but I love makeup and using it the way I like on my skin. I hope you try and love some of the products I use. I would love to hear your favorites. Comment below any products you think I should try!